If your question isn’t answered here please give us a call at (352) 872-5363
Vehicle Wrap Care
Welcome to your new wrap! Your vehicle has a new look with Avery Dennison vehicle wrapping film. Please review these guidelines for maintaining the wrap to maintain the finish and ensure long term durability. Infrequent or improper maintenance can lead to premature degradation of graphics and lower the expected life of the film. Keep this in your glovebox as it contains valuable maintenance information. Hand Wash – Ideal for a vehicle with dirt or other residue. Follow the below steps: 1) Pre rinse: Using a hose, rinse the whole wrap with clean water. This helps remove the loose dirt particles and helps avoid scratching the graphics. 2) Wash: Gently wash the vehicle with a mild soapy water solution using a soft cloth or a synthetic or natural sponge. Start from the top of the vehicle and work down. Avoid abrading the surface with unnecessary scrubbing. 3) Rinse: Rinse thoroughly with clean water. 4) Dry: Let the wrap dry naturally. To avoid water spotting, use a silicone squeegee to remove water then finish drying with a microfiber or soft, non-abrasive towel. NOTE! Excessive spraying at the wrong angle may create failure points and result in the wrap lifting at edges. An automatic car wash that uses brushes is not recommended. Brushes may scratch the wrap or catch the wrap’s edge and create a failure point. Additional care tips:
- Take care of edges particularly on doors/trunk/hood. Should any damage occur, contact us immediately.
- These check ups are just another way to show you that we appreciate your business and will go the extra mile to give you 100% customer satisfaction.
- Remove bugs and bird droppings immediately as these can stain the wrap. Soak them and wipe them off without scraping.
- Use Avery Dennison Supreme Wrap Care (first bottle included with your wrap purchase!) aftercare products on a bi-monthly basis as these clean and protect the wrap which ensures that it looks brand new for years.
Why Avery Dennison Supreme Wrap Care?
- Protects and cleans vehicle graphics – helping to maintain the freshly wrapped look.
- Suitable for all car wrap finishes.
- Fully tested with all Avery Dennison vehicle graphic films, including Supreme WrappingTM Film.
- Easy to use water based products.
- An alternative to traditional car wash.
- No additional water required.
Come and see us on the suggested check up dates above so we can review your wrap and make sure it passes our approval process. Please ensure that you call ahead to book this visit with us first. These checks are complimentary to you and help ensure you get the longest life out of your wrap. Congratulations on your newly wrapped vehicle!
What detergent should I use for a hand wash?
Use a mild car cleaning detergent and water mix that does not contain any strong soluble substances, alcohol or abrasive components. The detergent should have a pH balance between 5 and 9.